Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Flashes

I try not to think about what Ningning is doing every second of the day. I try to think in broad strokes... that she is in good foster care, that she is ok. It doesn't always work. I am not traditionally a cryer. But lately, I have moments when tears just spring to my eyes. Sometimes it is when I am looking at her picture. Or when the lady at the NICE* daycare said she would do everything she could to get her in, that she would be joining two other little girls from China, and how nice that would be. Sometimes it's just when I'm driving to work. These spells come as brief, sharp, flashes. Flashes I feel must mean something. Maybe her foster mom is telling her about her new family coming to get her, and that everything will be ok. Those are good flashes. Then there are bad ones... something is wrong, she is sick. Mostly there are good flashes, connecting me in spirit to my daughter so far away. And these are all I have to hold onto, until I can hold onto her. *as opposed to the NOT NICE daycare, who said I'd never get a toddler in because "we grow our own here." NOT KIDDING.

5 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

You are tearing at my heart strings!! I am so sorry....keep holding onto the good feelings, really the TA will come soon! Promise. :-)

6/28/2006 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger Mom 2 Meizhi and Kiomi said...

H-
Flashes, tears....Oh Hun..I hear ya!

and as for that OTHER daycare...OMG!

E

6/28/2006 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger TBG Happenings said...

Sounds like a women expecting a baby to me :)
Ok and how scary is that freak from the NOT NICE DAYCARE!!! Good thing you dodged that one! Hang in there your TA will be here very soon. We are still waiting on our agency to get their new WC list. Its making me a little crazy. It is good to see that I am in good company. Maybe we need to go out and get a drink!!!

6/29/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh H -

That is precious. Of course your tears are closer to the surface these days...think of it as 'pregnancy hormones' :) I am sure she is safe and loved and well cared for. Hang in there.

Oh, and then tell the NOT NICE Daycare person to piss-off - in nice, legal terms....hehehe puh-leeze!

A

6/29/2006 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

TBG - Definitely!!!

Let's get together soon!

H

6/29/2006 04:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Unwritten
By Natasha Bedingfield
BestAudioCodes.com