Sunday, January 29, 2006

Really?!

Seriously, do people really think we don't know what we're getting into? I told a distant relative this weekend that we are adopting from China, and she launched into a 10 minute lecture about a friend who adopted and how the process took forever and she had to go to China to pick up the child and how overwhelming it all was. Blah blah blah. I smiled and nodded. Did she not think, for one second, about who she was talking to? We're the ones who put the freaking dossier together, who are waiting impatiently, and are obsessively tracking the price of plane tickets for the "overwhelming" (her words) trip to China. So thanks for the insight. Maybe next time a simple "congratulations" would be more appropriate. H

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Heather - sometimes people just have NO CLUE....family members included! If I thought about the amount of stupid, insensitive things that have come my way.... UGH.. I choose not to. They won't stop tho. I guess we just need to be the bigger people! :-)

Colleen
hannahinchina.blogspot.com

1/31/2006 04:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Unwritten
By Natasha Bedingfield
BestAudioCodes.com