Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Big Apple

I'm in New York for work, but am taking the opportunity to catch up with college friends tomorrow night. We are celebrating the news of our adoption, and it is so nice to be out of the work environment where this is all secret. I had dinner with the partner on the case that's taking up most of my time (and who happens to be my practice group leader) and I think things will be ok when I tell them. I'm shopping tomorrow on 5th Ave and I will buy Lillie-Kat something. This is odd, but I can't shop without thinking of her. We were Christmas shopping last weekend and I was getting crabby and sort of upset, without knowing why, until I saw an Asian Cabbage Patch Baby and scooped it up for LK. And I swore NO DOLLS. Ooops. Funny thing is that after I bought the thing, I felt so much better. In a way, I just needed to acknowledge her "presence" with us this Christmas. I wanted something so I could say to her one day that we celebrated Christmas without you one year, but we loved you even then, and so we put a present under the tree just for you. Maybe that's over-nostalgic, but whatever. I bought her a card over Thanksgiving that I will save for the appropriate time. It says "Fate made us a family, but love kept us one. Happy Birthday" I'm think maybe when she's 15 or 16 and bitter about life, she might secretly appreciate something like that. I'll post when I get back with whatever ridiculous babygear I pick up shopping. H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Unwritten
By Natasha Bedingfield
BestAudioCodes.com